Terms & Conditions
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the terms below and the Conditions, which include details of my cancellation rights. I also understand that I am entering in to a contract with the Event organiser and not England Athletics Limited and/or UK Athletics Limited.
• Agree that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, action, claim, cost or expense, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
• Consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics); I acknowledge and agree that:
• Running is an endurance sport;
• I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness;
• I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event; accept that I am participating at my own risk; and will not attend the event unless in good health on the day of the event.
• I understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event Organisers officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others. Failure to do so may, at the discretion of the organiser, amount to misconduct and disqualification in accordance with UKA Rules 145 and 145 S1.
• My participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
• The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted. Runners not complying with this rule render themselves liable to disqualification.
In the unlikely event of abandonment or cancellation, all or part of my entry fee may be kept by the organiser to cover administration and/or sunk costs of the event. Refunds will not be provided to entrants (the online entry facility allows entrants to transfer their entry to another runner if desired). We also allow transfers right up to the morning of the race.
2021 COVID 19 TERMS
Should we be in a position that our 2021 races cannot go ahead due to Covid 19 then you’ll be given the option of transferring to a virtual event or a race entry refund ( minus any fees you may have already paid to Active.com )
The race will be run according to the UK Athletics Rules of Competition.